What does Shannon offer?
- A high-performing public school district in academics, athletics, and other extra circulars
- Well-maintained public parks
- Safe and walkable community
- Year-round community events, including one of the largest Labor Day parades in Northwest Illinois
- Modest housing prices and general cost of living
- Thirty-minute drive from state parks, federal conservation areas, recreational trails, professional theatre, and art museums
Water System Improvements
Ongoing construction of the water system improvements in Shannon were financed by the Clean Water State Revolving Loan Fund (SRF). The SRF program is administered by the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) and receives a portion of its money to fund these types of projects from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. This project includes the construction of a new well, well house, radium treatment, water main, and tank painting. Once complete, it will improve water quality for area residents and businesses. SRF programs operate in each state to provide communities the resources necessary to build, maintain, and improve the infrastructure that protects one of our most valuable resources: water.
Water Project Documents